UIS Services offers technically sophisticated and customized technical solutions, by offering competencies in Inspection, Testing, Consulting and Certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. We help to ensure the future success of business centers and make an important contribution to environmental protection, thereby shaping the world of tomorrow.
Aviation services from UIS a wide range of aviation advisory services, including airport management consulting, training consulting and airline quality audits.
The aviation industries are subject to strict regulations, standards and legislation. As a result, your organization must continually meet and improve on the highest levels of safety and reliability. We offer you a broad range of specialized aviation advisory services to help your business run safely, on time and on budget.
Our aviation services can help you to:
- Demonstrate a verifiable commitment to quality and safety
- Strengthen your customers’ confidence in your products and services
- Reduce costs and improve operational efficiency through effective research, development and design
- Enhance the reputation of your business by delivering your products and services on time and on budget
- Access the right expertise to support your operation
- Understand and manage the risks of complex value chains
- Gain fast, accurate testing for the aerospace supply chain, including component testing to ensure compliance with both international and OEM requirements
- Show your company’s compliance with national and international regulations, industry specifications and client requirements
We offer you unrivaled experience in the aviation industries. We are at the forefront of developments in aviation, and offer extensive experience advising on:
- Fixed wing and rotary operations.
- Ground operations.
- Training in dangerous goods, jet fuel, safety, quality and sustainability.
- Accident and incident investigations.
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- Aerospace manufacturing and supply chain solutions.
- Airport, helipad and helideck infrastructure.
- Quality assurance and quality control.
- Aviation regulations.
- Health, safety and environment.
Railways services from UIS a range of services to support rail operations throughout the supply chain.
Whether you are a railway operator, component manufacturer, rail professional or part of the rail supply chain, you need to meet a wide range of safety, regulatory and logistical requirements. We offer a range of railway services to support your operations – at every level of the supply chain.
We can help you:
- Get the certification you need to supply new/upgraded rolling stock to the industry
- Gain independent second line checks of rolling stock or components
- Benefit from independent scrutiny and assessment of your safety-critical products and processes for the railway industry
- Ensure the quality, performance and robustness of railway materials, components and systems, and comply with applicable regulations
- Improve train reliability and availability while reducing costs and optimizing the utilization of your depot staff and facilities
- Meet mandatory, voluntary or contractual requirements for the railway industry with independent compliance services
- Acquire Railway Industry Supplier Accreditation Scheme (RISAS) approval
- Outsource the skills and expertise you need for specific projects
Our Railway transportation services include:
- Rail certification, inspection, assessment, auditing and testing
- Independent compliance (DEBO)
- Rail industry supplier accreditation (RISAS)
- Competent person provision (CPP)
Quality assurance and quality control services from UIS assure the quality of all materials, structures, components and systems utilized in the construction, manufacturing and operation of your industrial facilities.
When it comes to your industrial facilities, the quality of all equipment, materials, structures and components is subject to strict regulations and standards. Our quality assurance and quality control services help you ensure compliance with all contractual specifications, mandatory regulations and quality standards.
We can help you:
- Assure the quality of all equipment, materials, structures, components and systems utilized in the construction, manufacturing and operation of all types of industrial facilities
- Comply with all relevant quality standards and regulations
- Verify materials, parts and final products through independent checks, audits, inspections and witnessing
- Benefit from quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) both off-site at manufacturers’ facilities and on-site during the construction process
We offer you unrivaled experience stretching across every industry. With state-of-the-art resources and expertise and a unique global network, we can provide you with QA/QC in every corner of the world. As a result, we can help you assure quality throughout your entire supply chain.
Our off-site quality assurance and quality control services include:
- Assistance in defining a QA/QC program that meets the full scope of all regulatory requirements
- Performing pre-award or pre-qualification surveys, including a complete review of the suppliers’ QA program to meet government or purchaser requirements
- Review of the design, specifications, drawings and specified standards to assure compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements
- Formal equipment audits at the premises of your architect, constructor, manufacturer or sub-supplier – before and during manufacture
- Organization of QA training courses
Our on-site quality assurance and quality control services include:
- QA of the organizations involved in the construction, manufacture and operation of your facility
- Review of specifications, procedures and specified standards utilized on the construction site
- Monitoring materials testing
- Inspection, witnessing or verification to establish the quality of a material, structure or system during manufacturing
- Factory acceptance tests of installations and equipment
- Pre-shipment inspections and loading supervision during the transportation phase
- Monitoring storage methods and preventive maintenance systems of plant equipment before and during installation
- Organization and implementation of record retention systems
The vendors and suppliers that you use directly influence the quality of your products. As a result, you need to ensure that their processes meet statutory standards and regulations. However, as your vendors and suppliers are often based far from your site, verifying their ability to deliver can be difficult. Our independent vendor assessment and technical audit services can be carried out, ensuring that your suppliers and vendors can provide the quality you need.
We can accurately assess your vendors and suppliers, wherever you need us. We can help you to:
- Ensure thorough independent assessments of their premises or construction site – anywhere in the world
- Assess the ability of your vendor or supplier to deliver your specific orders
- Ensure your suppliers and vendors meet all relevant statutory regulations and quality standards
- Make informed decisions using our detailed assessment report
Our vendor assessment and technical audit services include:
- Assessment of current/projected workload and equipment capabilities
- Assessment of material and product control processes
- Assessment of the management structure
- Assessment of welding and fabrication procedures
- Verification of the quality management system
- Quality assurance audit
- Verification of handling and storage of materials
- Verification of human qualification, hardware and resources
- Verification of workshop facilities and manufacturing techniques
- Verification of non-destructive testing procedures
Laboratory testing plays an essential role throughout the entire product life cycle in research and development, qualification, manufacturing and operations. To ensure the safety and efficacy of new materials, components and systems, laboratory testing is required to:
- Check the quality, performance and endurance of new products during design
- Control quality during manufacturing or construction
- Calibrate measuring devices
- Analyze failure, in order to identify causes and prevent new occurrences
We offer laboratory services, in accordance with international, national and industry specific standards, or client specifications, for clients in quality and risk sensitive industries, including:
- Oil and gas
- Steel Works
- Industrial Equipment
Calibration and dimensional testing from UIS ensuring that precision instruments are regularly and accurately calibrated.
Precision instruments are used across a range of industries to provide accurate measurements. Making accurate measurements using precision instruments requires that they are regularly and accurately calibrated.
Calibration, the process by which an instrument is used to measure a standard of known or assigned correctness, enables any difference to be assessed and corrected, thereby ensuring accurate measurement. With UIS as your measurement instrumentation calibration partner, you can be sure of the highest degree of measurement accuracy, helping you to maintain client confidence and preventing costly errors.
We are able to provide access to your calibration certificates on-line, with secure 24/7 access from any location. Our system will provide email reminders in advance of when your equipment requires calibration, ensuring that you keep your measurements accurate. Furthermore, the calibration history of each item of equipment can be readily viewed for trend analysis, predicting likely failures in the future.
Lift and elevator certification services from UIS obtain the certification you need to assure the safety, performance and integrity of your lifts and elevators.
Ensuring that your lifts comply with the safety and regulatory requirements of the country you are operating in is a crucial part of gaining market access. Our lift and elevator certification services help you obtain the relevant certification you need to assure the safety, performance and integrity of your lifts.
We can help you:
- Assure the safety, performance and integrity of your lifts and their components
- Achieve the required elevator certification of the country you are operating in and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and safety standards
- Ensure that your lift and its components are regularly assessed, tested and inspected at the right time and in-line with standards, such as the European lifts directive compliance audit
- Verify the design of your lifts according to international design codes
We are accredited to provide conformity assessments and certification of lifts in many countries, including the European lifts directive compliance audit.
Our unique qualified inspectors offer you the unrivaled expertise needed to understand the legal and regulatory requirements your lifts must meet throughout the world. Plus, we know exactly when and how your lifts need to be inspected to remain in compliance.
Our lift and elevator certification services include:
- Design verification: evaluating design, drawings and specifications against the applicable codes, standards, purchase specification and statutory requirements
- Type-approval of lifts: testing and inspections against specifications, codes, directives and industry standards for your lifts and their components
- Inspections and audits of lifts: complete examination of mechanical, structural, electrical and safety systems, including wire ropes and chains
- Testing of lifts: independent witnessing of equipment performance tests to guarantee that performance values are met
Whether you own or operate cranes, lifting or hoisting equipment, you need to ensure that they are safe, and in compliance with statutory requirements. That is where our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection can help.
We are the leading company for inspection, testing, verification and certification of all types of crane, hoisting and lifting equipment. That means that we can offer you the unrivaled expertise, experience and equipment to conduct professional statutory and voluntary crane inspection for:
- Material-handling devices: including cranes, derricks, fork-lifts, truck-mounted cranes, shackles, hooks, elevating platforms, and tele-handlers
- Personnel handling devices: such as elevators, escalators, ski lifts, cable cars and mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs)
Our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection can help you:
- Meet all associated regulatory requirements, with independent inspection carried out in accordance with all applicable regulations, standards and engineering practices
- Assure the safe and proper working capability and condition of your crane or lifting and hoisting equipment
- Maintain the capability and availability of your equipment
- Maximize uptime and planned outages to minimize operational impact
We are accredited to perform conformity assessments, as well as statutory and voluntary inspections on cranes, hoisting and lifting equipment. Plus, we can also provide training for operators of cranes and elevating platforms in accordance with local and international standards.
Our crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection services include:
- Checking of brakes, clutches, sheaves, and wire rope assemblies
- Design studies and calculation reviews
- Dynamic and static load testing
- Inspection of all the structural load bearing members, including sheaves
- Checking crane girders, rails and columns of overhead cranes to assure structural integrity
- Line level and span crane gantry surveys
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) of load hooks for cracks and visual inspections for distortions
- Operational tests to assure that your unit is functioning properly
- Periodic inspections and inspection prior to use of mechanical, structural, electrical, and safety systems, as well as of wire ropes and chains
- Re-examination of all safety devices
- Regulatory compliance assessments
- Remnant life assessment
- Repairs supervision
Equipment inspection services from UIS ensure that your equipment and assets provide optimum performance throughout the life-cycle and compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
Our comprehensive range of equipment inspection services help you to comply with all quality, safety, and statutory requirements, while ensuring optimum performance throughout the life-cycle of your assets and equipment.
We offer you unrivaled experience stretching across every industry. With state-of-the-art resources and expertise and a unique global network, we can provide you with trusted equipment inspections in every corner of the world.
Pressure equipment certification from UIS comply with the unique requirements of the country you are operating in.
Whether you manufacture or operate pressure equipment, such as pressure vessels, tanks, boilers, pressurized systems and process installations, you need to comply with stringent local and national statutory regulations. Our pressure equipment certification services ensure that you comply with the unique requirements of the country you are operating in.
We are recognized and accredited across the world to conduct trusted pressure equipment certification. As a result, we can help you deal with the complex regulations and documentation required for your equipment – wherever you may be based. Plus, our design appraisal engineers, inspection personnel and quality system auditors are located throughout the world to provide you with professional expert services in the local language.
We can help you:
- Ensure that you meet essential safety requirements
- Satisfy appropriate conformity assessment procedures
- Achieve the necessary pressure equipment certification by providing you with our expertise as an independent and notified body
- Meet your deadlines with efficient turnaround of design appraisal certification
With our expertise, experience, resources, we are uniquely placed to provide you with independent pressure equipment certification. We also develop market access and acceptance strategies throughout your product planning and development phase. That is why we are the ideal partner during every phase of your pressure equipment – from planning to construction and operation.
Our pressure equipment certification services include:
- Approval of joining personnel and procedures
- Design examination
- Determination of intrinsic boiler water quality
- Field inspection and coordination
- Interim inspections during the construction phase
- Material approval
- Periodic visual controls
- Periodic inspections and audits
- Product inspection, test and certification
- Quality system approval
- Risk assessment and analysis
- Safety device and connection controls approval
- Stoking tests on steam equipment
- Type examination and approval
- Verification of calculations and drawings before construction
- Verification of welding files and material certificates
- Welding procedure and welding qualifications for all international standards
- Witnessing of hydrostatic testing
When a component or product fails, you need to identify the reason for the malfunction and prevent future occurrences. Our failure and damage analysis services identify the root causes of failures, defining responsibilities and improving future performance.
We offer you highly experienced staff, specialized laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art analytical equipment, unrivaled resources and proven expertise to help you:
- Perform root cause analysis and define responsibilities
- Avoid future occurrences of failures and improve performance through failure prevention
- Gain rapid and accurate results by different methods such as physical and chemical analyses, mechanical testing, metallography and welding tests from our fully equipped testing laboratories
Our failure and damage analysis services include for example:
- Material assessment: We can provide you with expert failure analysis of every kind of material through mechanical, physical, chemical or micro-structural investigation
- Corrosion investigation: We can assess and mitigate your corrosion problems and find the best alloy and/or coating for your needs
- Fractography: We can characterize the morphology of fracture surfaces in metals, polymers and ceramics, identify the reason for breakage and help you to introduce counteractions
- Electronics evaluation: We can determine the root causes of electronic failures in control units, sensors, printed circuit boards, integrated circuits, and assembling and packaging technologies Fire damage investigation: We can determine the root causes of a fire and assess the amount and type of damage, so that your equipment or structure can be put back into service safely and efficiently
- Expert witness: We can provide engineers for expert witness testimony from the initial legal proceedings through to the trial stages. We provide on-site accident investigation, engineering analysis and evaluation of conformance to industry specifications. We can also perform reviews of other expert reports, identify the root causes of failure, provide forensic macro and micro photographic documentation and conduct industrial and consumer product failure analyses
- Design review: We can provide a systematic, comprehensive and documented analysis of your design
- Training: We can provide you with training sessions, seminars, and lectures to improve your employees’ skills and enhance the quality of your products
Whether you are an owner, contractor or investor, you need to deal with a range of requirements during every phase of your construction project. Our project management services provide you with comprehensive supervision, inspection and commissioning services for all types of projects.
We offer you extensive experience in all aspects of construction. As a result, we can help you reduce technical risks, prevent construction errors, control budgets and effectively keep your construction project within the planned schedule. Plus, we can help you meet all applicable requirements.
Advice and tailored recommendations from an external expert body help business meet regulatory requirements and improve efficiency.
The teams at UIS offer in-depth expertise in a large number of highly specific areas across different industries and sectors. Our engineers, supply chain experts and structural and materials specialists are recognized leaders in fields as diverse as assessing a building design for environmental sustainability, sampling procedures for bulk cargos, improving supply chain efficiency in consumer goods, and preserving the structural integrity of ship hulls.
We share this expertise with our clients via our consulting services. As well as providing consulting assistance on one-off projects, we also provide clients with ongoing consultancy on regulatory requirements and industry best practice relating to quality, health and safety and the environment.
Risk management from UIS helping you identify and manage risks for your projects, operations and everyday business activities.
Whatever your industry, you need to ensure the safe execution and maintenance of your projects, operations and business activities, including trade.
We can help you minimize your risks. Our project specialists and technical experts offer you assistance at every stage.
We are providing solutions for all economic sectors. Our comprehensive range of risk management services are in full compliance with international risk management standards and include:
- Risk management planning
- Risk identification
- Quantitative and qualitative risk analyses
- Risk handling
- Management of residual risk
- Independent third-party research, surveys, market studies, feasibility studies and due diligence assessments
- Equator principles monitoring
- Project monitoring and management
- Product and cargo quality and quantity surveys
- Collateral management
- Trade risk management
We can help you:
- Identify and manage cost overruns, delays, revenue losses, health and safety incidents, quality failures, regulatory non-compliance, contractual disputes, reputation damage and stakeholder dissatisfaction at every phase of your projects, operations and business activities
- Achieve objectives in terms of quality, safety, cost, scheduling and performance
- Improve cost estimates by managing realistic and relevant contingencies
- Achieve identifiable schedule milestones and key performance indicators, including occupational, health, safety and environmental targets
- Assure greater certainty about financial and execution outcomes
- Ensure your transactions are secure
- Ensure you have taken all the steps to comply with rules, regulations and industry best practices
Our training solutions are developed by subject matter experts to help organizations and individuals improve personal competence and skills – core enablers of sustainable business development and competitive advantage.
We provide innovative learning and development solutions, covering multiple areas and industries, tailored to meet your needs. Our courses are delivered in both face-to-face, ensuring training objectives are achieved no matter where you are.
In our fast-paced world, it is essential to keep up to speed with developments in standards, regulations and technology. Individuals and businesses who are given proper training and support in their professional development are likely to be more motivated with an advanced knowledge base leading to an increase in overall productivity.
Utilizing subject matter experts, our training moves beyond theory, giving you valuable real-world insights. As a result, you can trust us to provide high-quality, consistent training and development at every level of your organization.
To help you progress successfully towards certification, UIS can conduct independent standalone pre-audits or a gap analysis audit against your objective standards.
At UIS, we are experts in helping organizations to achieve their potential. Our gap analysis audits will help you decide how you need to adjust your management systems to be ready for certification and will enable you to understand the performance of your systems against the requirements of the related certification standard. A gap analysis can be carried out independently of any certification activity and regardless of whether you plan to work with UIS for the full certification process.
As a first step to certification a gap analysis audit will help you confirm the success of work already completed, and also to identify systems, processes and documentation which may need improvement. Our experienced auditors will guide you through the process of determining and documenting your organization’s current capabilities.
We have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of international management systems standards. We will benchmark your performance against these standards and report on the corrective actions necessary to reach your desired standard.
Confirm and demonstrate your commitment to quality and effective continuous improvement through a gap analysis audit with UIS.